I have seen some Interesting comments about Mcintosh lately

These comments come from here and a couple of other sites.

1.The only people that buy Mcintosh gear are one's that just don't listen.
2. Mcintosh is what rich people buy just like Mercedes Benz.
3. Mcintosh relies on generational buyers as a business plan.
4. Mcintosh is known for rebranding products and putting there name on it.
5. Mcintosh has great looks but uses cheap off the bin parts.

I can't think of another high-end company that have so many stereotypes about the brand. On the other hand I can't think of another audio company that has been in business as long.

taters
Skelton, I am sure there are many mac, rolex, and b&w owners who like their gear and are slight egomaniacs at best, I was just waxing philosophically on the primary motivation for most. How many times have you upgraded b&w speakers to the next one or two up the line?  Its a pretty consistent outcome. 
I own at lot of Mac gear, I just never knew my primary motivation for getting it was that I was a slight egomaniac. I thought it was because I liked the music it made. You learn something everyday on these forums.
Thanks @trueemaineiac!
Come back Skelton, we've got these Mac haters on the ropes......help us finish off these nincompoops!
I had a pair of Mirage M3si and sounded best with my Krell FPB600.   I would never consider using tube amps with Mirages.

Once I considered MC2301 but never a big fan of McIntosh.  Sound is a bit too soft for my taste.   With that said, the best I heard Thiel CS7.2 was with a full stack of McIntosh at Stereo Shop on Mass Ave in Arlington, MA.   Stereo Shop was close to my office and LONG gone now.