I have seen some Interesting comments about Mcintosh lately

These comments come from here and a couple of other sites.

1.The only people that buy Mcintosh gear are one's that just don't listen.
2. Mcintosh is what rich people buy just like Mercedes Benz.
3. Mcintosh relies on generational buyers as a business plan.
4. Mcintosh is known for rebranding products and putting there name on it.
5. Mcintosh has great looks but uses cheap off the bin parts.

I can't think of another high-end company that have so many stereotypes about the brand. On the other hand I can't think of another audio company that has been in business as long.

taters
Somebody was recently selling a non McIntosh acrylic platter table that had some LEDs installed under the platter to make it glow…so there's that.
Several years ago I was auditioning a pair of Mirage M5si's, 85-lb. 51" tall floorstanders. They sounded a bit anemic to me when driven by the big 250wpc Sunfire amp everybody was raving about. We even tried it in both Current and Voltage moves. No dice.

Then the sales rep inserted a pair of 300w McIntosh mono blocks. Aaaah! There's the magic. They really made those Mirages stand up and sing, and the bass was to die for.

I'm a bottom-feeder; I got the $2K Mirages that evening for $1K on closeout, and then sold my ADS L1090ii's to a co-worker for $675, for a total of $325 out-of-pocket. 

But if I could have afforded to take home those McIntosh monoblocks, I would have done that too.

So there it is. I'm not rich enough to make a blatant display of wealth, and I have the knowledge and experience to discern the quality of audio gear. And yet, I had an experience where a McIntosh product owned the room.
Skelton, I am sure there are many mac, rolex, and b&w owners who like their gear and are slight egomaniacs at best, I was just waxing philosophically on the primary motivation for most. How many times have you upgraded b&w speakers to the next one or two up the line?  Its a pretty consistent outcome. 
I own at lot of Mac gear, I just never knew my primary motivation for getting it was that I was a slight egomaniac. I thought it was because I liked the music it made. You learn something everyday on these forums.
Thanks @trueemaineiac!
Come back Skelton, we've got these Mac haters on the ropes......help us finish off these nincompoops!