Surround Processor better than a Proceed AVP?

Looking for a $500-900 Surround Processor Recommendation to replace a Proceed AVP-S:

1.Must have multi-room (2 zone) preout for 2-ch (so no Meridian?)
2.2-ch and 5-ch music quality on-par with or better than the Proceed AVP-S (so no Japanese AVRs?)
3.DD/DTS a must
4.Reliable – no pops or hiss. I’m getting some little pops and hangs with my AVP.
5.DD TrueHD or 5.1 analog input (AVP lacks this, AVP2 too expensive?)

Amps will be Rotel, speakers from North Creek (front/sub) and NHT (rear in-ceiling). I will not need any video switching.
ericsphillips
I think a Cal Audio Labs SSP-2500 would give the Proceed a good run for the money.
I believe the Proceed AVP2+6 will be one of the few audio products that you see go up in price over time. The AVP+6 is unmatched to date and since most are outputting video via HDMI to the monitor, sound quality will rule out here. For 5.1 Surround and movies it is a tremendous performer.
I use the M15 mainly for two channel stereo via the analog bypass inputs (7.1 inputs). In this mode it sounds fantastic feeding my Rowland Model One. In my current setup I run my modified Kenwood Kt7550 into the 7.1 inputs using Morrow MA1s. The sound is heavenly! The M15 also does great on movies, but this is not of much importance to me as I listen to two channel 95% of the time.

Craig
Im not sure about better but i bet it hangs fairly close. Arcam AVP700. They are selling for dirt cheap here these days. Or if you can stretch it go for the AV9. I sold my Arcam C31 preamp because i felt my AV9 was coming so close for 2 channel duty that it didn't justify having the dedicated preamp.
I have had 2 AVP 700, great sound, especially the built-in DAC. But I question the reliability, you may want to reconsider, btw they run very warm-hot.
Unfortunately the first started to buzz in 1 channel growing louder & louder, then thru all 5.1 channels. A tech told me it was the computer processing unit commonly shared with an Onkyo AV/p that was the problem, but no longer available thru Arcam. Said it was fixed but it had more switching & noise problems afterward. Purchased a second (used, 3+ yrs old) one and the same thing started to happen in about 6 months. Then an electrical surge put the last nail in.
An Arcam staffer described the units complexity similar to today's laptops. "High performance, but built w so many computer type parts", "you cant expect them to last like audio of years gone by, after 3-4 years you figure its time to through it away" (my paraph)