I have seen some Interesting comments about Mcintosh lately

These comments come from here and a couple of other sites.

1.The only people that buy Mcintosh gear are one's that just don't listen.
2. Mcintosh is what rich people buy just like Mercedes Benz.
3. Mcintosh relies on generational buyers as a business plan.
4. Mcintosh is known for rebranding products and putting there name on it.
5. Mcintosh has great looks but uses cheap off the bin parts.

I can't think of another high-end company that have so many stereotypes about the brand. On the other hand I can't think of another audio company that has been in business as long.

taters
Funny comparing the accuracy of Rolex to Seiko. Expensive mechanical watches are not about ultimate accuracy. If it was, any old $69.95 Timex will do. A typical $10,000 mechanical watch will get as accurate as +- 4 seconds per day (if you are lucky) versus a couple of seconds per MONTH on let's say an entry level sub 1k TAG. Expensive mechanical watches are about craftsmanship and pride of ownership, which does not always mean snobby.

McIntosh? Simple. The Harley Davidson of Audio. Not the fastest, not the most confortable, and far from the most reliable, or up to date with technology, and for some, retro outdated looks on the cheesy side.

But nevertheless an icon of american history that keeps its value pretty well.

McIntosh, Harley, take your pick!

One makes noise, the other music, and depending on the machine, you might wonder which one makes which ;)
I work construction and as the old saying goes, " you know you've arrived when they are writing about you on the sh*thouse wall!"   Just saying....
i remember when i first learned how to post on the internet. but i digress, the plain truth is that anyone of us would jump at the chance of owning a mac tube amp. sure we know it might be not quite as refined as other high end units but at the end of the day...it'll do. i feel dirty for even replying to that op
Not to sound hoity toity here because I'm now as poor as a church mouse but I have a pair of mc40 monoblocks, a C22 and an MX 130 processor,,, as well as a Rolex and. Patek Philippe. Comparing apples to oranges is fun but knowing what I know (having been in the jewelry business for my entire life) I'd say that McIntosh gear is between the Rolex and the Patek! They all last for ever when maintained and function worlds above other brands, respectively. 
testpilot, have you ever ridden in a Ferrari?  It's impressive in the way a lot of high-end audio equipment is.  One can actually "be into" cars and not just buy them for the imagined status upgrade.  Certainly some people are in the latter category but not all are.