best bookshelf speakers for < $2000?

I have Studio-20 V5s on stands right now for my living room 2.0 music system and, while I like the sound, I need more bass extension.
I don't want to add a sub due to room clutter concerns.   So, I am looking fro an upgrade from my Studio20s.
I have been looking into towers but now am thinking, why not stay with sand-mounted speaker since I have the stands already.   This is for 2ch music only.  My amp is Emotiva UPA-2 SS amp.

Would I do better to go towers or go higher-end bookshelf speakers?

The towers I've been looking at have been 
Salk SongBirds/Towers
Ascend Sierra Tower
Silverline Prelude Plus

Thx.
albireo13
I know exactly what you mean. I'm using the small Dynaudio DM2/6 in a 2 ch. system in a large living room. Doesn't have the deep bass, but the mids/high's are glorious. They image beautifully. I have no idea how the DM 2/6 compares w/the DM2/7. If you're considering a stand mounted spk., the DM2/7 w/the 6 1/2" woofer might be the ticket. They're presently under $700 for a pr. I'm sorry I'm not familiar w/the towers you have listed. 
How big is your living room? If it is quite large,and you crave more bass,towers may be your only option if you're not willing to go with a sub.
Right now the room is 14' x 30'but, we plan to sell and downsize this year so room will be smaller
What does have deep bass is Dynaudio c1s and totem mani-2s.  Really impressive for monitors. I am sure there are others. Both require lots of power
For a smaller room,I can recommend Nola Boxer 2's. I feel they have more than enough bass. I love everything about these speakers. They don't require a lot of power, and perform beautifully! (but that's just my opinion) If you can audition a pair,they should be on your list.