McIntosh

I am new to forum and I see many comments for and against McIntosh gear.  I have 2 systems with MC2105 and MC2205 SS amps running Monitor Audio GS60 and PL200 speakers respectively. They sure sound sweet to me and I have no desire to change.  But never say never, so is there anyone out there who had this vintage Mac SS product, thought it was great but then actually did side by side comparison with other SS amps, Bryston, etc and concluded they were wrong and the non Mac is just so much better.  I have not done the side by side.  Thanks much. 
tenorsaxjr
I was looking at getting McIntosh gear but two of my friends who had McIntosh SS separates (pre-amps & power amps) for the longest time, auditioned Devialet SS integrated amps and ended up switching to Devialet.  After spending some time with the Devialets, both decided to never go back to McIntosh. 
You'll get all kinds of ideas here on this subject, but do realize that Mac is not so popular on this website. Most that have the biggest objections have never owned it. I have owned the 2205, and I liked it, but the newer Mac gear is much, much better. I have a 7200, which runs circles around the 2205.  If you're happy with your setup, which you say, then what's wrong with that? There will always be more and more things to part you from your money, so the choice is up to you.
tenorsaxjr,

There is no need to defend Mcintosh on this website or any other. Everyone has their favorite manufacturers. Ask a Chevy guy what he thinks of Ford and you will hear a similar conflict. Those of us who own some McIntosh gear know how we feel about the product. Whether you bought it for the looks (green meters) or the sound (solid, palpable), just be happy with your purchase and know that there are many here who agree with you and some that don't. Does it really matter?