Servers: Are we there yet?

I was shocked to discover that my brand-new high-end server is entirely dependant on a functional wireless network. If either the Ipad or the wifi are not working, the server is rendered non-functional. I spoke to the dealer and he informed me that all the servers he carries are like that. Huh?!?
psag
From Audio Advisor  ---- "The Aurender N100 digital music player supports DSD (DSF, DFF), WAV, FLAC, ALAC, APE, AIFF, M4A and other major formats at native bit and sampling rates. Equipped with a high performance USB digital audio output, an Ethernet port, and a 120GB solid-state drive for cached playback, the N100 is the ideal solution for playing high resolution digital music collections from an NAS drive. It also excels as a music server with local storage. It can be ordered with no internal hard drive, using your own NAS for music file storage. Or you can order it with an internal 2Tb hard drive."
The point is, all Aurender servers and players require a wireless network, and an access device (Ipad).
I found several years ago that pulling the power on my internet modem/router made a significant difference in my systems sound, like from real good to live music. 
And, if you can't take TV out of the room put a heavy blanket over it, not as big a deal but a difference .
Not only is it dependent on your wireless (or wired) system,it also needs a top quality modem and router.  Also, the quality and speed of your ISP is a major factor.

Just went through all of this.  Started with using wireless, but because of dropouts, switched to a hardwired CAT6A (STP) and solved all of my drop out issues.  Then upped my speed from Comcast.  Haven't had any issues since.
FWIW I just recently got a Synology NAS  DSJ-214 play is the model number I believe,  and it's hardwired to my modem/router via an ethernet cable. From there it communicates wirelessly to my Sonos which can be controlled from my laptop, iphone, or if I had one tablet. Since installing it I've experienced virtually no dropouts,the ones that have occurred have basically been during internet outages.