I have seen some Interesting comments about Mcintosh lately

These comments come from here and a couple of other sites.

1.The only people that buy Mcintosh gear are one's that just don't listen.
2. Mcintosh is what rich people buy just like Mercedes Benz.
3. Mcintosh relies on generational buyers as a business plan.
4. Mcintosh is known for rebranding products and putting there name on it.
5. Mcintosh has great looks but uses cheap off the bin parts.

I can't think of another high-end company that have so many stereotypes about the brand. On the other hand I can't think of another audio company that has been in business as long.

taters
They sure made great tuners, didn't they? Not many companies have a Richard Modafferi designing for them.
People buy McIntosh and Rolex for the primary purpose of impressing friends and stroking their own ego and in the vast majority of cases it is mission accomplished.  
schubert2,776 posts01-24-2016 10:00pm"Wrong, cleeds, the people are the business not the factory,
New owners = different company"

Sorry Schubert, but new owners do not necessarily a different company make, and McIntosh has never gone out of business. In any event, the very same people are at McIntosh ... same CEO, same staff.

By your reasoning, every public company goes "out of business" every day. That's because its owners - those are the stockholders - change constantly.

A business is a legal entity. When you buy a McIntosh component, its warranty is honored by the company, not its individual staffers. Likewise for a dealer who buys from McIntosh - he pays the company, not the CEO. Do you get it now?

People buy McIntosh and Rolex for the primary purpose of impressing friends and stroking their own ego and in the vast majority of cases it is mission accomplished

Rolex customers appreciate the quality and craftsmanship required to make a mechanical watch that is designed and crafted to last a lifetime. In a world dominated by disposable products, craftsmanship and quality is becoming extremely rare and should be celebrated for holding true to their past.