Parasound Halo JC-1 for Thiel CS 5i

Hi,

I have a set of Thiel CS5i's that I am running with a W4S ST1000 amp.

Would Parasound Halo JC-1 mono amps be an improvement? Why?

Thanks,

Dsper

dsper
Excellent thread guys. I scored my pair of Thiel CS 2.4SE this week.
Now the fun part of picking/choosing the associated gear for them!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
Second note;
Thiel guys, how do you clean/maintain the fit + finish on your speakers?
^Thiel used to recommend one only use "Endust". Most everything else will leave dreaded fisheye. I apply the Endust to a soft cloth not directly to the cabinets. Be careful, especially with older models, cleaning the grill cloths, as it's possible to either push in the domes or if vacuuming to detach the voice coils. Except for the CS 2's (and perhaps other models?) which use an adhesive in addition to the screws to attach the grills to the cabinet, it might be wise to remove the grills before cleaning the grill cloths.

dsper, with the CS 5's it's the amps capability into 2 Ohms that is most relevant. I would only consider amps that could double down and down again into that load. I would recommend by starting with amps spec'd with the capability to deliver at least 400 Watts into 2 Ohms, and ideally 800 to 1600 Watts into 2 Ohms. After that it comes down to the sonic characteristics of the amps under consideration and personal preference.

These speakers amp requirements is perhaps the only reason I don't own them. Driven properly, they are wonderful!

Krell ;-).

I use a micro fiber cloth to remove finger prints on the black baffle and expect any good paste wax will be good fro the wood sides and back.

I had a tweeter cap fall off and ordered speaker glue from Simply Speakers. It cost $10 and I probably used 17 cents worth. It is white, rubber based, and will flex. I suspect Elmers rubber cement at a third of the cost for 4 times as much would work just as well, although the thin spigot on the Simply Speakers bottle was a way to not over apply.