Parasound Halo JC-1 for Thiel CS 5i

Hi,

I have a set of Thiel CS5i's that I am running with a W4S ST1000 amp.

Would Parasound Halo JC-1 mono amps be an improvement? Why?

Thanks,

Dsper

dsper

That A21 should be fine as well, not as good as the JC1 monoblocks but should do the trick.

As it is also a JC design with bi-polar (BJT) output stage, which should give good current ability as well.

As for the A31 adding power from the third to the two channels if the third is not used?????? (bit of sales bulls**t there) I think this is just a powersupply taxing thing not a bridging thing, as how can a signal channel be split to add to two separate channels???? (It can’t)

I’d stick to the A21, if you can’t afford or get the JC1’s.

Cheers George

Hi,

Well, here is the latest on the great experiment with the Parasound A21.

At 11 o'clock on the preamp while playing Fleetwood Mac "Rumors", the A21 one started to clip and went into protection mode. 

I routinely run the W4S ST1000 at 2 o'clock with no problem.

The answer is 400 watts into 4 ohms is not going to cut it with the Thiel CS 5i's.

Any other suggestions beside the Parasound JC1's?

Dsper

^I'll hazard a guess that it's not the 4 Ohm load that's the issue.

As I posted earlier: Krell.

dsper Hi, Well, here is the latest on the great experiment with the Parasound A21.

At 11 o’clock on the preamp while playing Fleetwood Mac "Rumors", the A21 one started to clip and went into protection mode.

I routinely run the W4S ST1000 at 2 o’clock with no problem.

The answer is 400 watts into 4 ohms is not going to cut it with the Thiel CS 5i’s.

Any other suggestions beside the Parasound JC1’s?

Dsper

Dsper

Input Sensitivities.

Parasound A21 =1v

WFS ST1000 =2.95v (yours)

WFS ST1000 mkII = 1.31v

These are the input voltages needed into to make each amp reach it’s maximum output (watts) before distorting or shutting down or blowing up.

Now you can look back at your 11 o’clock and 2 o’clock preamp statements and see what’s happening.

And as I said the A21 will drive them but the JC1’s are the real deal, as for the WFS it’s class D, ?

Cheers George