Recommendations please for good, affordable pre-amp for system?

Hi All, 

I'm configuring my first system, and have so far acquired the speakers (Thiel 3.6) and amp (Bryston 4B SST). I believe I need a preamp to complete this (and I believe only a preamp, right?). And I'm hoping you can give me some leads, information, and recommendations.  It's a 2-channel setup, and while it would be nice to add some HT capability in the future, I'm seeking as pure a sound as possible.

Some things I've looked at are Theta Casablanca, Bryston 0.5B, and perhaps for future upgrades, model Rotel RSP-1582 and Marantz AVR8802 -- although I'm concerned that those latter two, while brining nice features, will work to molest the signal.

Prime listening will be CD, with some lossless Network-attached storage, and Airplay with Tidal or otherwise Internet radio.

Thanks for your recommendations!
donzi
Get a pass labs B1 buffer preamp. It will cost about $900 and will be totally worth your system. I cant think of any other preamp which can do justice to that setup within $1k
donzi---What everyone is getting at here is that your Bryston amp and Thiel speakers are so good that they will make very audible the sound quality of the pre-amp you use. The problem is, it's going to be tough to find an active pre for $500 that will be good enough! If possible, hold off until you can scrape together about double that so you can get a pre that will provide a sound you'll be happy with. Having higher quality components downstream violates the first rule of system hierarchy!
Mesch, would I understand you to be saying that perhaps (budget reasons) start with something temporary, but be prepared to a significantly higher outlay in the future? I would guess this is what I hear. If I went that jump now, any recommendations?

Jmcgrogan, I’m a little uncertain also with what you’re saying. If you’d said <$500 paired with more expensive amp being strange, that would make sense. Can you clarify, please? And the comment about this perhaps being more difficult of a search than speakers, really sticks. Perhaps again, something reasonable now, and then use a future time to audition various components. And, by that time, I’ll likely develop a better ear as well, to be able to decide what I like and now.

Yogiboy, I had seen that on Parasound’s website, but I’m not sure how that compares to the 2100 that I had seen. Lesser, greater quality? I did seem to remember only the 2100 had HT passthrough, which is of some importance to me.

Pani, I did a google for this, and came up with Passdiy.com -- wow. Mind blower. I can’t figure all of this out, but am I understanding that Nelson Pass has built in a set of pages to help you to build your own?! Now that would be intriguing! Like the old Heathkits. I’d be totally in on doing this, and have a blast to do it. Heathkit came and went before I ever had the ability to try any of their projects, but always wanted to do it. I’m sure you were suggesting a unit made by Pass already, although I need to continue to search to find it. It would almost be very cool to have a cabinet full of equipment, with this one device being a circuit board, all bare wired and home soldered, that’s controlling the whole thing. Yeah, I built that. (I recently made a home coffee bean roaster from an old bread machine, by analyzing and selectively employing the circuit board. <grin>)
Personally I have never liked passive line stages,  so with that said I would recommend an active preamp......especially if you want to set up a home theater....for just a little more than your budget you can pick up a McCormack RLD1 which has a HT bypass and is one of the better used values out there.  There is a Parasound  Halo P3 on the bay for $600,  another good value.   You have a great amp and speakers, don't use a receiver's preouts ,  get a dedicated preamp.     
Thanks Oddiofyi, great counsel. I have seen that unit on the web, and have it in my consideration/watch list. :)  I will gratefully check out the McCormack, another name I've heard several times now, but haven't looked into. Thanks!