Any suggestions for good obscure music?

Category: Speakers

Doesn't have to be too obscure. But I'm looking for some new stuff to listen to. Good music that's well recorded by someone I haven't heard of. Any suggestions?
If anyone is interested I would suggest a compilation disc titled "A Nod to Bob" on Red House Records. This is a tribute to Bob Dylan by artists on the Red House label. Not one bad rendition on the cd. Although they were all written by Dylan, there are a few I hadn't heard before.
I've purchased several cds by artists found on this disc and have yet to be disappointed. I'm listening to Greg Brown "Covenant" now. He's one of the artists on the Nod to Bob. Great stuff with wonderful sonics.
timrhu
Jax2, I saw Richard Thompson live a couple years ago. It was just him and his guitar if I recall correctly. It was a jazz festival with acts going on all day. I felt like I was one of the few in the audience who knew who he was. Great set.
This is a pretty old thread and I have gotten some really good stuff from it. I think my favorite may be "Life On A String" by Laurie Anderson.
Judith Owen - Lost and found

Rock tracks transformed into Jazzy tracks particularly "Smoke on the water" and "Walking on the moon" are superb. Beautifully recorded and the disk is worthy of being used for female vocal reference for evaluating equipment.

The link at Amazon for a glimpse

http://www.amazon.com/Lost-Found-Judith-Owen/dp/B000AMJDB0/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1264290945&sr=8-15
Quadophile, I just ordered "Lost And Found." We'll see how it goes, I hope the music sounds as good as she looks.
If you like choral music, try Sacred Georgina Chants onthe Jade / Milan records label. Fabulously recorded beautiful music. I've never heard anything else quite like it, different than any other choral music I have heard.