Most overrated audio manufacturers?

Thoughts?
lse
Dealers overrate everything they sell ... Audiophiles overrate everything they own ... Writers overrate everything they review. (Oh and dealers UNDERRATE everything they do not sell and audiophiles underrate everything they do not own - vicious cycle).

Of what I have OWNED the Zu Druid Mk IV was probably most disappointing as compared to the glowing reviews. Never sure if a component is just not playing nice with my ancillary gear or not as MANY others have had positive experiences with these speakers.
Ayre?? Not my experience! Sound quality, reliability and customer service from Ayre are absolutely superb IMO. All my Ayre gear (and I have a lot) was purchased used, so value is excellent as well. However, I don't like dealing with their dealers.
Paladin: Unfortunately, even a Bugatti today isn't a Bugatti in the sense of the original marque. The pre-war ones, particularly the racing cars, are truly special. (And without trying to sound condescending, because I'm not and actually love old cars, if you look up Shakespeare and Bugatti, you'll find some amazing pictures of the guy who was heir to the Shakespeare fishing reel company fortune who collected a huge number of the early cars and sold them for almost nothing back in the day. There are some fabulous pictures that should be on the web showing the cars being loaded onto a train after the sale, including a Royale).
Syntax: you crack me up.
I'm glad nobody got too torqued here. And the OP did a hit and run, right?
Over and out.
"07-05-14: Twb2
Ayre?? Not my experience! Sound quality, reliability and customer service from Ayre are absolutely superb IMO. All my Ayre gear (and I have a lot) was purchased used, so value is excellent as well. However, I don't like dealing with their dealers."

If you are looking for a good Ayre dealer, try one of these: Audio Connection, Audio Center and Audio Alternative. Audio Connection is my favorite, but the other 2 are also very good. I've done business with all 3 and always had a good experience.