Simple question, best sounding inexpensive DAC.

I have a second system with a CD changer and would like to pick up an inexpensive DAC that would sound better than the DAC in this Denon changer.

If it helps, I listen to Jazz and female vocals. Using a Magnum Dynalab receiver with Quad bookshelf speakers..all Wireworld cables.

Happy Thanksgiving...j
whatjd
No wonder so many people get frustrated with audio and give up on it. That's some of the worst advice I've ever read.
+1 George. If not in need of a USB DAC and my budget went beyond that of a used MF V-DAC, I would consider the non-USB Bitfrost. Or a older used DAC as there are many very good one that can now be had at inexpensive cost.
Slap, Bam, Biff!! Ouch, ZD. So, it's the Elgar/end of discussion? That's pretty harsh from someone with generally good, helpful, informed advice. Frankly, I'd say your's is some of the worst advice, ridiculously inappropriately overpriced overkill. -Not to say the Elgar wouldn't be the best choice for a more expensive system. And, you may still feel it's a bargain....but:
Getting back to being helpful, digital is the area of fastest changes and the price for good sound is dropping "daily". I'll second the Schitt as being a great choice and add the Ifi gear for his strong consideration for this system at a very affordable price. (Further; power distortion corruption considerations do prominently figure in the ifi design.)
"So, the dcs Elgar is the very definition of an "inexpensive" DAC...really?"

This is why we REALLY need a sarcasm font. And some people still don't know what ;^) means. Sheesh.