Phono Interconnect

Can anyone recommend a decent phono cable from the TT to my Integrated. I have a Pro-Ject RM5SE and a PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium integrated equipped with a phono stage. Looking to enhance my listening experience as just recently got into vinyl. Not wanting a really high dollar cable just one that is a great bang for the buck.
Ag insider logo xs@2xsamzx12
Sam, you may not have heard of Mogami because is not a quote unquote audiophile brand, but is very well known and widely used in the Pro Sound world (recording studios, live sound reinforcement, musical instrument patch cords). Lots of other companies use the actual Mogami wire in their own cables. It is also a favorite amongst do-it-yourselfers, who use it to make their own cables.
Mogami is good. The best I have heard though is Stereolux Finewire c37 phono cable. It is made by a guy in Germany. This cable is widely used by some of the best tonearm makers like Thomas Schick, Durand and Reed for internal wiring. Supremely good! You can contact them at [email protected]
Sam, you should indicate what cartridge you are using. I see that the phono stage in your integrated amplifier is intended for high output cartridges, and the tonal balance in the treble region of high output cartridges (moving magnet and high output moving coil types) is sensitive to load capacitance. More often than not the capacitance of the cable will be the most significant contributor to the load capacitance seen by the cartridge. (Unfortunately the input capacitance of your particular phono stage does not appear to be specified).

Also let us know the length of the cable that you would be purchasing, as its capacitance will be directly proportional to its length.

Regards,
-- Al
AL as usual very good questions. My cartridge is a high output MC Sumiko Blue Point #2 mounted on a 9" carbon fiber tonearm. Here is the specs of the phono stage:

Specifications:
RIAA accuracy: <0,5B 20Hz - 20kHz
Input Impedance: 50 kOhm Overload Margin: >20dB rel 5mV
Gain: 42dB (127x) Harmonic Distortion & noise: -83dB
Frequency Response: 10Hz - 50kHz Size: 3,2 x 3,8 cm (1.26" x 1.5")

Also I am looking for 1-1.5 meter IC.

Sam
Blue Jeans cable makes a fine low capacitance cable, LC-1. The specs are outstanding and as Al noted the length is a critical factor.