What is Best SS AMP for $2000 and under?

My 30 year old Audire Otez blew up and I'm heartbroken. It was a class AB amp with 250 watts per channel at 8 ohms. I have Snell AIII speakers and a Macintosh pre-amp, C34V. The Audire had a deep soundstage, great bass and wonderful clarity and separation throughout the frequency range. Any suggestions for a replacement amp besides another Audire?
bghhi
Just a note on Frank Van Alstine. I've had a chance to visit his shop (the basement of his home at the time) in Burnsville. A fine gentleman and delightful music for reasonable money. I've owned various things from him over the years and have been thinking of going back.
Belles 350-A, there is one on Audiogon right now that is the newest version.

The bass control is the best in the industry... period.

I've had them in systems out to over $100k a to b against some of the finest amps made both solid state and tube. They respond to power cords with layers of bass detail, literally you will never hear bass or anything else like it. They are accurate and fast like solid state with a laid back tube ease.

They will hold up their end with any extreme equipment you ever go to. My favorite tube amps were the $18,000 BAT VK-150 monoblocks, but switching to the Belles they were as easy to listen to but with more detail and bass control They are rated at 250w per channel but bench test at more like 320wpc,and will drive any ridiculous loads like electrostatics that can dip into 2 ohms.
Agree with the Belles, didn't realize the price could be so low on that...