Top Ten Tuners of all Time??

To start this thread I vote for the Yamaha T 1. At its price performance,little to touch it period. Whats your vote?
ferrari
Hi, I was in the audio business years ago..and had the chance to own several of the oldies from Yamaha 7000, T-1, T-2 etc, and Mac's and others. A properly set up Magnum Dynalab MD-108 is not only the best sounding tuner ever made, it is also better sounding than most other source products out there. The MD-102 is very good, the Etude is dated, the Fanfare is super......and an unknown gem is the Classe T-1......there are others...and money is always a factor....but this is a great Chat topic...A great tuner is by far the best way to learn of new music....and re-issues that you may want to ad to your collection....and there is no tape machine or multi-cd changer..that can provide the endless hours.....of course you need stations, (be they classic, jazz or pop) in your area that are worth listening to.
I hate to get into this because I could write a book, I have had over 75 top tuners, most of all these talked about and MANY more. I use SE 2A3 tube amps and am a very fussy audiophile for over 25 years. No real simple answers here but here goes. 10B is the best sounding, MR 67 is also excellent sounding if it is tuned up. Next is analog, Accuphase 100 and 101 are great. Value digital are the Yamaha 1000U and T-85. Best at getting weak stations is the Pioneer F-93. All of these are my opinion based on 25 years of trial.
I'm totally thrilled with the Fanfare FT-1A! I wanted a great analog tuner with digital ease of use; this is it.
All of the above are great tuners of course.Most listed are mega buck tuners new and used. However I vote for the orginal little NAD 4020A Tuner. At $200.00 new was and still is an unbelieveable good tuner. I bought one for my son in 1985,and to this day performs flawlessly. Now hooked up to an outside antenna,the performance is even more remarkable. Just proves the point do not have to spend megabucks for superb equipment. Just my opinion. Tuner in my system is the Sumo Charlie. Cost a lot more than the NAD,but other than that the NAD and SUMO areon equal footing.
To answer Talmadge3's question about the Yamaha TX-950, i think that it is lacking in the sonics department. I am not passing judgement blindly, as i currently have one in my HT system. While it is LOADED with usefull features ( except a remote !!! ), the sound is not up to all the ravings. Treble is somewhat hard sounding with a lack of detail and smoothness. I also don't achieve the soundstage that i get out of other tuners ( Quad, Musical Fidelity, Magnum, etc.. ). I would have to say that compared to many of the other "mid-priced" tuners on the market, it is probably amongst the cream of the crop. It just doesn't stack up against some of the better, though still relatively inexpensive, tuners on the market. For those on a budget, the Quad FM4 and Musical Fidelity tuners are quite excellent as long as you can provide a decent antenna to them. While not the best on sensitivity, both provide very good sonics if the broadcast is up to the task. Sean >