Anyone Compared ARC Ref 75SE and 75 With KT150

Hi,

Appreciate any feedback if anyone compared 75SE and 75 with KT150s. I have purchased Ref 75 with KT150s and wondering if it makes sense to upgrade to SE.
veerapaneni
Right you are. HM has some of the best of the Period/Original Instrument/Historically Informed (choose your favorite term!) musicians, singers, and conductors in the field, Nicholas McGegan, Philippe Herreweghe, William Christie, and Rene Jacobs amongst them. A great label for Early and Baroque music. The Handel Water Music album is an excellent album to try first.
I took my 75 to have the SE upgrade, to my dealer today. I was able to compare a run in 75SE, with my 75, re tubed with KT150's, but otherwise unmodified. It was with a CD6 CD player, Ref 5SE and Wilson Sabrinas

I didn't have hours to make the comparison, but there was clearly a difference, which I would characterise as more of the same. The same deeper tighter base and better clarity and grip, just more of it. Ideally you would have had a REF 75 with KT120 tubes as well, but that is probably asking to much.

The Wilson Sabrina's really are very good indeed, by the way and I am not a Wilson fan. I have heard them with ARC and Constellation amps and they sounded great with both.
It sounds as though the demo session re-assured you in your decision to go with the SE upgrade David, Guilford Audio ?

For my part, My new REF250se's were last spotted in a Pedalo off the coast of Nova Scotia heading East!
Yes it did and yes it was Guilford Audio. I was speaking to Trevor yesterday and he was very impressed by the 250SE. He thought you couldn't tell it from a large SS amp, in terms of grip and base control. It goes without saying it should best a SS amp for sound quality.