Anyone Compared ARC Ref 75SE and 75 With KT150

Hi,

Appreciate any feedback if anyone compared 75SE and 75 with KT150s. I have purchased Ref 75 with KT150s and wondering if it makes sense to upgrade to SE.
veerapaneni

Showing 3 responses by david12

I have the 75 with KT150's at the moment. I will be taking it to my dealers in a couple of weeks, hopefully for an A/B comparison with his demo 75SE. I will report back when I have been.

In answer to Oregonpapa's post, I have had no problems with stability in the 150's I bought myself, no need for rebiasing to date. Incidentally, our local distributor is willing to make the SE upgrade without including the tubes, which he will keep for spares. It makes it a better deal.
I took my 75 to have the SE upgrade, to my dealer today. I was able to compare a run in 75SE, with my 75, re tubed with KT150's, but otherwise unmodified. It was with a CD6 CD player, Ref 5SE and Wilson Sabrinas

I didn't have hours to make the comparison, but there was clearly a difference, which I would characterise as more of the same. The same deeper tighter base and better clarity and grip, just more of it. Ideally you would have had a REF 75 with KT120 tubes as well, but that is probably asking to much.

The Wilson Sabrina's really are very good indeed, by the way and I am not a Wilson fan. I have heard them with ARC and Constellation amps and they sounded great with both.
Yes it did and yes it was Guilford Audio. I was speaking to Trevor yesterday and he was very impressed by the 250SE. He thought you couldn't tell it from a large SS amp, in terms of grip and base control. It goes without saying it should best a SS amp for sound quality.