oppo 105d mod or look for a new cd player ?

Had dealer install a set of wilson watt/puppy 7's. My system is small comprising of pass labs xa30.5 amp and x1 preamp. My source today is a oppo 105d. I got this since it works for the kids movies etc.. but I listen to 2 channel cd music through it. My dealer advised next upgrade should be my source to a dedicated cd player vs the oppo.
My question is .. lets say budget is $3k-$4K.. would people advise an oppo upgrade (EVS or Modwringht) or a dedicated cd player for the money ? Thanks in advince for any thoughts..
fsyme
So.. I went up to cities and took my oppo 105D for some comparisons.
I listened to esoteric K07 and Ayre CX7. The oppo seemed a wee bit forward .. but overall I was surprised how good it actually is. Based on this.. I think i'll keep the 105. Its a superb transport that plays everything. The question is to partner up with a dedicted dac or mod the 105. I was think something like PS Audio PWT II .. but not heard these.. Will look around a bit.
Is the third side of every story the truth? I assume so, As a physician and mentor to me said Why don't people get the second opinion first and save heartache, time and money?
I don't know Ric 10 years maybe ago I send my Sony 9000es to Modwright and I did enjoy it for many many yrs until it stops working that's a total 3k loss. for the money I will not send 105 for mod it's too expensive and this is what I felt mod will make the cd sound better but not necessarily musical at the end it's your choice not mine.
I have had a few DCP's in my time from Marantz, McIntosh MCD-500, GNSC Wadia S7i, Burmester 089, and also Oppo 95 and then ModWright Oppo 105. The ModWright 105 sounded the best in my system (Venture speakers, Magnus MA-300, Concert Fidelity pre, Prana Wire/Jena Labs/Purist Audio cables). I now use a ModWright Elyse DAC and Examplar Oppo 93 as transport. This last combo has taken my system to a new higher level.
Fsyme. If your 105D sounded a bit forward that may just be that it wasn't warmed up. As well, if it was close as you seem to suggest I'd recommend trying some AC isolation and condoning.