oppo 105d mod or look for a new cd player ?

Had dealer install a set of wilson watt/puppy 7's. My system is small comprising of pass labs xa30.5 amp and x1 preamp. My source today is a oppo 105d. I got this since it works for the kids movies etc.. but I listen to 2 channel cd music through it. My dealer advised next upgrade should be my source to a dedicated cd player vs the oppo.
My question is .. lets say budget is $3k-$4K.. would people advise an oppo upgrade (EVS or Modwringht) or a dedicated cd player for the money ? Thanks in advince for any thoughts..
fsyme

Showing 2 responses by fsyme

Hi.. guys.. sorry been on a unexpected business trip. I'll read through and probe via questions. Tks in advance...
So.. I went up to cities and took my oppo 105D for some comparisons.
I listened to esoteric K07 and Ayre CX7. The oppo seemed a wee bit forward .. but overall I was surprised how good it actually is. Based on this.. I think i'll keep the 105. Its a superb transport that plays everything. The question is to partner up with a dedicted dac or mod the 105. I was think something like PS Audio PWT II .. but not heard these.. Will look around a bit.