HDMI Cables

Someone recommended I use WireWorld cables.

Man obviously I am a bit of a newbie cause I would not expect to pay $100-500 for (1) HDMI cable.

I just looked them up and there are several types! Plus they are freaking pricey! Is this the cost of being an audiophile! I cannot skimp on the cabling?!!! LOL…!!!

Hoping there are other options?

There's are WIREWORLD's pricing!
Island 7 = $26.00
Chroma 7 = $46.00
Ultraviolet 7 = $100.00
Starlight 7 = $170.00
Silver Starlight 7 = $270.00
Platinum Starlight 7 = $500.00

WOW… anything above Chroma is a push for me! I guess someone school me on the importance and if I really need to shell out more than $50 bucks a cable.

Or someone tell me there are cheaper alternatives that will provide the same results!

THanks ladies and gentlemen!
thx-333
Thx-333...the reason I recommended Monoprice was that I did a HDMI shootout about 3-4 years ago.

I had HDMI cable from Audioquest, Kimber, Monster, Cardas, and several others with retail prices up to around $400.

The Monoprice Redmere HDMI cable was the winner!

This wasn't a scientific test or anything, but 8 different people helped with the evaluation over a couple of month period. Either the Monoprice was better or you really couldn't tell the difference.

For $10, it's a no brainer. Keep us posted as to your choice and how you like it.
there absolutely is a difference in pic quality between hdmi cables.

The Monoprice is a great bet their stuff is very good.

tell us how it goes...
Thanks Mofimadness! IT IS a no brainer. At a $10 price point plus the durability of the Monoprice - gotta give it the crown.

In the article (link) I posted above the experts argue that we are no longer in an analog world where the type of cable and length of cable mattered to picture quality. Those days are gone.

We have entered the digital realm. Today… it's either you get a signal or not. There is no signal loss due to the type of cable used or how long your cable is.

I tend to agree with his article.
THX 333....boy is that guy wrong. I tried out 6 different HDMI cables and they looked different on my Sony, and sounded different on my Denon/NHT speakers. By far (no small different) was the Wireworld which I didn't return to the seller.