HDMI Cables

Someone recommended I use WireWorld cables.

Man obviously I am a bit of a newbie cause I would not expect to pay $100-500 for (1) HDMI cable.

I just looked them up and there are several types! Plus they are freaking pricey! Is this the cost of being an audiophile! I cannot skimp on the cabling?!!! LOL…!!!

Hoping there are other options?

There's are WIREWORLD's pricing!
Island 7 = $26.00
Chroma 7 = $46.00
Ultraviolet 7 = $100.00
Starlight 7 = $170.00
Silver Starlight 7 = $270.00
Platinum Starlight 7 = $500.00

WOW… anything above Chroma is a push for me! I guess someone school me on the importance and if I really need to shell out more than $50 bucks a cable.

Or someone tell me there are cheaper alternatives that will provide the same results!

THanks ladies and gentlemen!
thx-333

Showing 4 responses by thx-333

HEY JAFANT! Is the $270 Price point for the Starlight 7 worth it? Do you see a significant difference in picture quality? SOund quality? Versus your middle of the road HDMI cables?
Never mind. I found this article which has enlightened me quite a bit.

"Are expensive HDMI cables worth buying? We asked an expert…"

http://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/are-expensive-hdmi-cables-worth-buying/

I think I will go with decent price cable from a reputable company. One that is labelled high speed HDMI and active and reasonably priced.

I don't think I need to spend $100+ let alone $270 for a Starlight 7. Seems like Monoprice (posted above) is a great option.

Thank you for everyones input. Hope this thread helps others as well.
Thanks Mofimadness! IT IS a no brainer. At a $10 price point plus the durability of the Monoprice - gotta give it the crown.

In the article (link) I posted above the experts argue that we are no longer in an analog world where the type of cable and length of cable mattered to picture quality. Those days are gone.

We have entered the digital realm. Today… it's either you get a signal or not. There is no signal loss due to the type of cable used or how long your cable is.

I tend to agree with his article.
Hi Jafant. I am waiting for Sony to send me a refund under warranty. I currently have the XBR 55HX950 and plan to swap it for the XBR 65X930C as soon as I get the check!

So far this thread seems divided in needing to spend up to $500 for HDMI cables. WorldWide has already been suggested with Monoprice also at the more popular end.