Bring on the criticism...

So I was swapping out my Maxx 1's for 2's a few weeks ago and yesterday it occurred to me since I can't bi-amp like I have always wanted I would bi-speaker. Two Maxx's side by each running off my FPB450's. I guess I never really considered myself an audiophile and this must confirm it, but I really like the stage it's throwing.
screename
Agree with Mlsstl. It will work for a sound reinforcement system, but you could pay a lot less for a PA system that could do that. For the musical subtleties, imaging, soundstaging, timbre of instruments, I think what you're suggesting could be a problem. Of course, you could consider a four channel system (Peter McGrath's preferred way of listening), but that will require some more electronics.
I think if he likes it then it's okay;my only question is with the volumn set in one position does the sound level from speaker set A equal the sound level of speaker set B?
There must be an imaging issue. There is no way that two speakers will sound any good unless you already had a serious imaging problem. Admittedly the baffles, with all those edges and diffraction points, on the Maxx are bit baffling.
I agree with the several previous descriptions of the adverse effects you are likely to encounter. More specifically, a major effect is likely to be some degree of Comb Filtering. That occurs due to radiation of the same frequencies from different drivers in different locations, with those drivers having differing path lengths to your ears, resulting in differing arrival times.

I believe that the subjective result of that is a general "cloudiness" and loss of clarity. Of course, it is likely to be most perceivable on high quality material.

Regards,
-- Al
I did this when I blew the tweeters in my JBL L88's in the '70's. Removed the tweeters and sent them to JBL for repair/replacement (which they did with no charge, even though I was not the original owner of the speakers. Wow!) Anyway, I had a month or two with no tweeters. So since my Pioneer receiver had two sets of speaker outs, I connected a pair of no-name speakers from my first department store brand stereo, and placed them on top of the big JBL's. Problem solved.