Recommended Speaker for Triode Amp

I've been living with inefficient Thiel 3.6 speakers for many years now, but now I'm getting a new integrated Triode amplifier rated at 20 watts per channel. I'm not familiar with horn and open baffle speakers, or other inefficient designs and could use some help.

I listen mostly to jazz, female voice, acoustical types, and rock, as opposed to Big Band and orchestral music. I have a fairly small listening room. I do like my bass, so if it's there I want to produce it well.

I've seen some speaker kits and I am handy but don't have a lot of woodworking tools. For example, I would not want to cut those large round speaker holes.

I also don't understand how to match a speakers efficiency to the power output of an amp, or maybe that doesn't matter as long as you can drive the speakers to loud levels.

I do have two goals. The first is to spend between $3K to $6K tops, and the second is to smoke my Theil 3.6 speakers.

Help and recommendations are appreciated.
kennythekey
I think you will find it worthwhile to read through this lengthy thread, which discusses a great many high efficiency speakers.

Regards,
-- Al
Hi Kenny,

The fullrange driver used in the wide stand-mount you see there probably has the best bass extension of any 8" fullrange made, and John uses a big enough cabinet to take advantage of that. He probably has several options that would meet your bass/amplifier/room size requirements extremely well.

Duke
Good Stuff.

I checked out the thread Almarg, and it is quite lengthy but informative, so thanks. The Audio Notes look appealing and I may be able to pull off the room corner setup. What's easiest, is that I can see the dealer's audio store on the hillside with my spotting scope because I'm in Boulder. At least, I can listen to the ANs.

Audiokinesis, are you refering to the F8-X1 or W8-X2-08 speakers? John only seems to have info on these two models, the third is the sub-bass system.
I do thank others for suggesting KCS but I do not think our 2 standard offerings would work for you. Having owned and heard many Theil loudspeakers I do think you might want more extension in low frequency. So if interested in KCS would need a custom designed loudspeaker which we do. But I would also consider Audiokinesis excellent loudspeakers with superb design,some Tannoys, Altec model 19 with added fostex t500amk2 tweeters. If custom from KCS I would suggest 3 way horn speaker with 15in bass reflex bass. I do feel any of these suggestions would better the 3.6 and have synergy with your room system musical tastes,plus are in your price range. If you go Tanny consider the studio line if moneys tight.
The Audionotes are also available as kits. You can either build the cabinets yourself or purchase the pre-made cabinets.
These seem to be well regarded by lower power tube amp fans.
See at www.audionotekits.com