I think I've made up my mind

After having auditioned the following :

1. Avantgarde Uno G2 + Audio Note SET amp/Pathos Twin Towers integrated amp
2. Magico V2 + Soulution 720 pre + 710 power amps
3. Sonus Faber Elipsa/Wilson Sasha + ARC Ref 3 + Ref 110
4. Thiel CS3.7 + Parasound JC1 pre + JC2 power amps

...and after weighing all factors like room interaction, degree of difficulty of setting-up, value for money, magazine reviews, and comments posted here and AVguide.com....

...the winner is: Thiel CS3.7 + Parasound JC1/JC2!

Now for the cables. MF and JA of Stereophile noted that the specs of Parasound show ultra-wide bandwidth and high-current capability which reminds me of Spectral amps. Therefore, would MIT Magnum MA speaker cables and interconnects be a good match? Anyone has any other suggestion? Thanks.
jtein
Maril555, I still like the Avantgardes. They are very revealing but in an effortless way. Vocals are very well served by the Avantgardes. I find that the Thiel CS3.7 matched them in that respect. The downside of the Avantgardes is the bigger than life but rather narrow soundstage. Various instruments seem to accumulate together. Also, when listening to the Avantgardes, I feel like I'm at the front row of a concert where I have to cock my head up to watch the performance. It's thrilling but can be fatiguing for long listening sessions. I find that I get very realistic soundstage and imaging with the CS3.7. Finally, I still prefer passive speakers to active ones.

The truth is they don't want you to screw up the sound with a cable that doesn't mate well with their amp. So, they tell you to use MIT or it will void your warranty.

I have heard Spectral with many other speaker cables and the amplifier worked just fine.

Maybe more companies should do this to ensure satisfied customers.
Mad floyd FYI any tube pre amp with a highish out put Imp will be dull into a 10k or 15 K input imp
Cheers Johnnr
John, that would cause a high frequency roll-off, no? I'm not sure if that is what is meant here by dull, but the Ref 3 certainly sounded dynamic as heck, but that was into a 100kohm load, I think Pass amps need SS preamps or tube pre with 500ohm or less Zout.