Why does my tube amp

Why does my 60wpc Jolida 3502s tube amp drive my speakers much better than 110 lb ss amps? My speakers are Psb platinum T8s 88db and 4 ohms. Its opposite of what i expected,tons of bass,not bright at all just right. I guess shouldnt have been looking out the window during electronics class. Thanks Ted
casey621
Sadly, Jolida amps are too inexpensive to have much cred with true audiophilliacs, but somehow they seem to hew to the "tube watts" imaginary or actual "extra punch syndrome" or EPS, have low noise, and knock the crap out of pretentious and otherwise FAR more expensive kit with aplomb. My 502p is sporting KT150s, and kicks ass in a refined, musical, and inexpensive manner helping fund my obsession with other overpriced and pretentious items.
not all amps are created equal ... I had a pair of Gemme Audio Tantos hooked to a 30w tube amp (cannot recall the brand/model at the moment). Sounded excellent but wondered about the V-Flex BASS I had read so much about in reference to the Gemme speakers ... eventually I advertised them for sale. While waiting for a buyer I rec'd a Tact M2150 SS integrated with 150w/ch ... the night before I sold the speakers I hooked up the Tact to the Tantos ... HOLOY SH^% there was the bass!! Items on shelves began to rattle! NEVER had I heard bass so deep in my room. Point being that both types of amps (tube/solid state) have there strengths or weakness and not always in areas yo may think. EVERYTHING is system/room dependent
Casey621,
I found a Stereophile review of your speakers & the relevant measurements here:
http://www.stereophile.com/content/psb-platinum-t8-loudspeaker-measurements

if you look at the Fig 1 - impedance & phase plots - you can see that when the freq is below 100Hz (mid bass & deep bass regions), the impedance of your speaker actually goes up (usually the impedance goes down in most speakers).

The reason, I think, is quite simple - the Jolida is operating in a constant-output power mode while the SS amp is operating in a constant-output voltage mode.
In the bass region when the impedance goes up, the Jolida maintains constant output power. Since the impedance is larger in the bass region, the output current from the amp goes down while the output voltage goes up (while keeping output power constant. Remember than power = voltage * current). So, the Jolida is adjusting its voltage & current outputs instantaneously depending on the speaker impedance while keeping output power constant. Higher voltage drive to the speaker is what's needed by the speaker drivers to create pistonic motion which generates SPL (& sound) in the room.

The SS amp, OTOH, is operating in a constant-voltage mode so when the speaker impedance increases, the output current drive decreases (less current into a higher impedance - makes sense). With the output voltage remaining constant, the product of voltage * current reduces into this higher speaker impedance. The SS amp is constantly adjusting its output current & output power as the speaker impedance changes while keeping output voltage constant.
So, if you could compare the voltage drives from the tube & SS amps, I bet that you'd see that the SS amp has a lower voltage drive into the speaker. This would mean less voltage for the speaker driver & less pistonic action by the said speaker driver. Therefore less SPL in the bass region with the SS amp.

hope this clarifies.
I'd buy Jolida gear in a heartbeat if someone can convince me they are well built, reliable and will last a long time.

Also are there still two Jolidas around these days? There was a year or so back. Too confusing knowing which Jolida ifa ny Jolida to trust.

On the plus side, Jolida gear I have heard has always sounded nice.