Thiel CS7.2 vs Revel Salon2

I currently have the Thiel 7.2 and am thinking about upgrading. Has anyone compared these two speakers in your own system or in a familiar environment? I appreciate your feedback. Thanks.
audiolui
I agree with Lrsky, but the CS5's need a serious amplifier budget to be at their best, and small rooms are not the best fit. One of my all time favorite speakers.
It took a $14k Krell FPB-600C to make my CS5i's happy, but with that Krell they make me happy.
Yyz,
The CS3.7 is a very good speaker system. Although I didn't listen to it at home, I do think it has better mid-range than the 7.2. The highs are close. But the 7.2 obviously digs deeper on the bass and also more dynamic. I guess this is the advantage of big speakers. That said, the CS3.7 is still great.

Stevecham,
I am using the Lamm M2.2 with the CS7.2.
I auditioned the Salon 2 this evening. I wish I could borrow them for home audition, but the dealer won't let me hual such big speakers home for listening.

They used a pair of CJ LP140M monoblocks, CJ ACT 2 Series 2, SME 10, SME v, and Benz Ebony H, Transparent Reference with MM speaker cable, Ayre phono stage, and Synergistic Research interconnects.

The Salon 2 is indeed very good sounding. Very smooth highs, rich midrange, strong deep bass, big soundstage, very dynamic and detailed. However, the mid bass area could be a bit boomy. The dealer said it was the room that caused the boominess. He then swapped out the CJ and put in a Spectral DMA 250. The boominess lessened but I think it was due to Spectral sounding a bit lean and the boominess was not very prominent. I think that was the room problem.

I was quite impressed with the Salon 2 performance. I don't think it will blow away the 7.2, but I do think its highs is a bit better than the Thiel, and also it is more dynamic. So upgrading to the Salon 2 would yield incremental benefit IMHO. Is it worth it? That is another story. I am thinking about the upgrade seriously. No decision at this point. Now I know why the Salon 2 has gotten many awards and great reviews.
Thanks for the review.

What are you missing with the 7.2s that made you look for an upgrade. Is it just the up grade itch?

Also how did you think the imaging and coherency compared to the 7.2? I feel those two aspects are Thiels strengths.