Speakers for Rock Music

I am looking to get a second pair of speakers for rock music.All my electronics are rotel.I currently have the B&W 683's but am looking for something that will kick butt for 70's and 80's rock.Looking for full range speakers with lots of bass.Price under 2000.00 and will buy used.Thanks
shaunp
Whenever these "Speakers for Rock Music" threads pop up, I always wonder how many of the contributors actually critically listen to rock music? Rock isn't just about "Turn it up, man! Freeeeeebird!" and bangin' yer head. There can be far more nuance within the genre than one may think.

While these noted necessities are not that different from what is required to properly reproduce other genres, IMHO a good rock speaker should be:

1. Very articulate
2. Dynamic (i.e. little compression / distortion at peaks)
3. Capable of moving an appreciable volume of air

However, the ability to express these qualities are probably just as attributable to the amplifier as to the speakers.

Do you like your B&Ws? What qualities do you think your current setup is missing? Are you just lacking bass? Is your budget based on selling your B&Ws?

Perhaps you should consider a pair of powered subs. $2k will buy you a pair of used REL Storm III subs.
Definitive Technology BP7001sc's. They have a built in powered 10 sub w/a 1500 watt amp. On ebay now for about $2500. I have the BP7000sc's and love them. They will go to 155db no problem. Good luck
No the 683's are not lacking in bass but they are defiantly not the most suitable for rock.I agree that rock does not always mean TURN IT UP LOUD.There are many different styles of rock.Unbelievable to me ....I auditioned some B&W 804's yesterday and they are what I am looking for.They did just about everything right with many types of rock from the Scorpions to OZZIE to Pink Floyd.Just a tad light in the bottom end but they only had 20 hours on them.
Even the N804's are generally more than $2k used. However, if you're now considering that price range (and you want to stay in the B&W family), you may want to think about the N805's + a REL sub (or 2). I used to own this combo and always liked it better than the N804's. Better imaging and better bass for about the same price.