How loud do you like to play your music?

Instead of guessing from random comments. I thought a census of listening levels from members would be useful. feel free to mention a range.
My lowest listenable level is 80 db my favorite is 90 to 95 the loudest is 100 or just give your single preferred volume. The numbers above are my actual preferences.
If you do not have or used an SPL meter, just say Hi, Medium or low but try give us a reference point of some kind if possible.
Extraneous info is welcome. For example in my book shelf system it's... but in my main rig it's... Thanks
mechans
Yep, the chauffeur is still in employ, although the offer
of 'you can park your car in my garage' is proving to be a tough refusal as I like to keep a professional distance between employer and employee.
In fact I am going to insist on the stereo (can it be stereo if the vehicle has 4 or 6 speakers)? being on and playing loudly so I do not hear the idiot beeps.

One could take ones SPL meter to the local pick up bar and
thwap it out when chatting up somebody and one could say with a big smile, 'wanna see If I can get you up to 110db with some serious bed thrashing'?
Her retort could be 'if you can't find my button you'll be lucky to hear me reach 60db! '......................
One could take ones SPL meter to the local pick up bar and
thwap it out when chatting up somebody and one could say with a big smile, 'wanna see If I can get you up to 110db with some serious bed thrashing'?

With the right personal "equipment" and the iPhone SoundMeter download you could do your personal best while reaching the threshold of pain in two ways.

At least one can dream.
"09-11-09: Acoustat6
I think the good Dr. Mechans will have a new prescription for you. Thankfully your name is NilthePILL."

Acoustat5, you are not kidding! If I change volume and then I need to get back to my specific level, i would use magnifying glass to rotate my preamp's volume knob back to its precise location (my preamp has old fashioned analog volume control)
I guess I am anal in this not because i have this crazy theory (like yours ;-)) but in my average size room, at my listening position, which is very close, everything sounds 'right' at this 'specific level'

Like I said, I do occasionally 'turn it up'. But may Dr Mechans can prescribe me a pill to do that more often or get rid of this OCD of mine ;-)
I recently used a pro calibrated SPL meter to see what level I listen at. I was surprised. My average level was 75 to 80dB with peaks around 85dB. 90dB was getting uncomfortable for me. I thought I was listening at least 10dB higher before I used the SPL meter. My hearing hasn't gone down the drain after all these years of abuse after all.
Nil,
It is an ad-on.
and what is all this meshugas since I've been away?
You just can't leave the boys alone.....(;