How loud do you like to play your music?

Instead of guessing from random comments. I thought a census of listening levels from members would be useful. feel free to mention a range.
My lowest listenable level is 80 db my favorite is 90 to 95 the loudest is 100 or just give your single preferred volume. The numbers above are my actual preferences.
If you do not have or used an SPL meter, just say Hi, Medium or low but try give us a reference point of some kind if possible.
Extraneous info is welcome. For example in my book shelf system it's... but in my main rig it's... Thanks
mechans
More power to you if you feel the need to use a SPL meter, I just don't see the need. Music where instruments are plugged in should be played Medium to loud.

I lived very well without my SPL too, but going WAY back I've always had the Radio Shack meter around to verify home theater voicing, checking individual drivers for equal output, reporting to others about how loud a hum or buzz is from a transformer that's supposed to be quiet and even measuring the SPL from various record cleaning machines to see if "quietness" claims are accurate.

I even use it occasionally to prove to my wife that a favorite restaurant is probably in violation of OSHA on Saturday evening :^), for amusement if nothing else.

SPL meters are like speedometers on cars, we all know when we're driving way too fast, but it's nice to know how much over.
Gawdbless,
I could not agree more.
For heavens sake, SPL meters are for AR types. It is a nice toy, if one feels so inclined, but hardly for a serious system set up. Used nothing but my ears. Those, though imperfect maybe, are the judges after all. What sounds right to them is fine and to hell with all measurements.
I am all for an Epicurean lifestyle.
But then, I am also all with Albert, as a toy they are way nice, those SPL meters.
Happy measuring, happy listening,
Detlof
Dear Mechans: In the day by day hearing I 'm on the 83db with peaks at 90-92db at seat position ( around 3m. )

Unfortunately not all recordings comes at the same " output level " and in some cases I have to reduce or to increase that normal volume by 1.5-3.0db

It is not only the output recording level and recording distortions and how we like it more but how low or high are each one audio system intrinsic distortions .

Regards and enjoy the music,
Raul.
I find I need a minimum of 80db but prefer between 85 and 90.

I always use a SPL meter as I don't want to damage my ears more than they already have been and find it too easy for the volume to creep upwards (as I adjust for different music selections). Every once in a while I re-adjust to just over 80db (which can sound quiet if the volume has crept up).
Hey wait a minute Gawdbless. Utterly useless buzzes & beeps in your car? What, no more chauffeur?

BTW, dB meters don't measure to the ten millionth.