Bookshelf Speaker for vintage Marantz 2230

I'm currently running a pair of Boston Acoustics A100 speakers through a Marantz 2230. I'm looking to upgrade to a budget and modern hifi setup and have been looking at several integrated amps (rotel 1062, music hall a.25, etc) and several bookshelf speakers (era d4's, b&w 685's, paradigm 20's, dynaudio audience 52's). However, I can really only afford one thing at a time. To start, I'm thinking of upgrading the speakers. Any recommendations on running some bookshelf speakers ($400-$800) with the Marantz 2230? I like the warm sound of the Marantz and mostly listen to vinyl (rock, punk, jazz, and old country). Any thing I should consider?
ds4000
The a100's do sound great. But I need to get something smaller, hence the bookshelf route. The Triangles do look awesome from the reviews I've read, they look a little hard to get a hold of though. Any reason not to run one of the other bookshelves I listed in my first post?
The Dyn's will work but might like a bit more power and current to sound best.

Not familiar with the others. They're probably fine if you see enough on-line reviews that indicate a match to your preferences.
Paradigm Studio 20's. Own v-2 and v3's - probably going to try 5's once they hit the used market.Sold 2230's back in the day - remarkably good sounding for the era. You might be surprised what a difference shooting contact cleaner into anything in the signal path can make. Hit V/C ,Balance ,tape monitor,selector and pre-out/main in jacks on the back panel.
Would be very curious what replacing all the electrolytic s in one of these or a 1060 integrated would yield. Might be pretty tasty?
canton gle70's on audiogon for 350. museum quality..hell, i'd buy 'em if i wanted to risk divorce(again) ...a classic 3 way in a compact and beautiful cabinet...nice match with marantz as well...a steal
I used a Marantz 2240 in a bedroom system for a number of years and went through no less than 6 pairs of budget bookshelf speakers with the Marantz over that time. I thought that the best pairings were the NHT SB2 and the Rega Ara. The worst pairings were EPOS ELS3 and B&W 302.

With all that said, I would be looking at NHT Classic 3 or Rega R1. I would probably add Spendors to that list, as well.

Regards,

Rich