Thiel CS 2 2 vs. Vandersteen 2CE

I like them both, but I'm curious to hear reactions to both. I'm currently powering Snell EII (which I really love; I've had Snell Es for almost 20 years now) with Forte F 55 and F 44 amp/preamp. 80% of my music is rock.

Thanks!
mockturtle
Thanks for your opinion and here i have to strongly disagree
Mayby 20 years ago this was somewhat as you suggest but the newest 2CE Sig 2s are a whole different animal.
The speakers drivers are way more sophisticated ,Cabinet bracing at bass now is over 1 inch thick add to this the smaller baffle area, easy amp drive capable, and a company that always sports form follows function designs.
Cheers Johnny R
Audioconnection, your entitled to you'r opinion, I agree that the Vandy 2's have improved in this regard, but, I still think the Thiel 2's still have the advantage with regard to ease of room placement. OTOH, the Vandy 4 and 5's are easier than the comparable Thiels in this regard.
Depends what you are driving them with as well. I have a Mcintosh 200wpc amplifier driving my cs1.6's and WOW...what a nice combo. I would say that if you have somewhat powerful electronics that are not particularly cold sounding, that the Thiels would be a good choice. My buddy has Vandy 2ce's and they sound great - but are more lush and I think that Thiels are a punchier (to me more "fun") speaker.