Avalon Eidolon Diamond or Aerial 20T v2.

I am trying to decide between these two speakers and was hoping to get some input from anyone who has heard either of these speakers.

I realize the best thing for me to do is go and listen to them but it is tough for me to do. I have heard each speaker but wasn't at the store to listen to either of these in particluar. I heard the Aerials when demoing a subwoofer and they where the orginals not the v2. I only heard the Avalons briefly at a store being demoed for another customer about 3-4 years ago.

From what I'm hearing in talking to dealers over the phone and to a friend who has the Eidolon Vision the Avalon's give a more holographic sound (Wider and deeper soundstage)over most other speakers. The Aerial's I'm told are not as holographic and are alittle more in your face.
audiodreamer
You are correct on the set up issue. I should have not been so hard on the poor Indra. The dealer had limited space and they did offer to pull them out and I told them no it was ok. What I didn't like about them is that they didn't seem robust enough in there sound. Maybe this would have changed drastically if they where out in the room I don't know, but the Diamond's where set up the same way and sounded way better. The Isis is just another beast all together over the Indra's and Eidolon's.

My preference for a speaker is for it to have weight when playing music. This is where the Isis's two 13 inch woofers come in and set it apart from the other two. Unfortunately the price is sky high but the Isis is what really fits my taste in how music should sound through a loud speaker. This is the same reason why I think the Aerial 20T v2 may fit me better than the Eidolon. I think from what people are telling me the 20T will have the weight with it more so than the Eidolon. However I did like how voices sounded on the Diamonds and with the two JL Audio subs I will run with it the bottom end should be fine.

Decisions, Decisions

I just want to say thanks again for all your help you guys have been great and keep the opinions coming.

Thanks
Does anyone know what the Time will consist of (Size of drivers) and is the Eidolon going away or will it still be in the line up.
Same tweeter as Isis, same midrange as Indra and same woofer as Diamond but two for each speaker. Just under US$ 50K.
The Indra with the BAT vk600se in a 14 foot wide room may have very good bass.

Indeed, Avalon's are very finicky about set-up, power, and components.

In terms of bass, there are very few speakers that do that cohesively so that music has the weight you are speaking about. Unfortunately, that costs money. The Isis does it, so does the Kharma Exquisite Ref. There are a handful of others. Short of that, I would prefer quality rather than quantity.
I know what you are saying. I had Eidolons (not diamond). I looked at Indra and preferred it over my Eidolons because the crossover (see holographic thing) was just way better. That is what Avalon is doing better than most and also why the set up is so critical. Remember I said above if you don't have the room for Avalons they become common. That's why you didn't like Indra. They weren't set up correctly. The dealer is probably trying to get the diamonds moved, plus they are 2x the price. With the new model dealers are moving the diamonds which is why there have been so many for sale lately. Then I heard Isis and it was everything all in one. But I don't find that price tag too appealing.

The 20ts do a lot of things I liked about Isis. The bass slam is there. The resolution is there. The imaging is there. If you can spread them out (they like that) the soundstage is good. And for a lot less $. Of course remember that's V1. V2 is supposed to be an entirely different animal, and much better! I should probably make that upgrade to mine and quit!