Recommend Class a Amp

This past weekend I purchased some Infinity QLS-1 Speakers and the gentlemen I bought them from was powering them with a Krell KSA-250. I was impressed, how the Krell drove those speakers. Most of my amps are tube and I would like to get me a keeper used well thought of class A solid state amp. I would like to stay in the Under thew 3K price range. Look forward to your recommendations.
robmag
no problem, Abrew19.
for completion i should also add that one could have solved the issue of the amp output stage clipping/saturating by buying a bigger XA series pure class-A amp for a lot more $. I.E. if one was made of money, one could have stayed with the XA series to solve the issue of driving hard speaker loads. Since Pass Labs knows most of their clients are not made out of money they recommend the more economical route of using their class-AB designs.
Georgelofi, The JC1s have gotten good reviews and I've read posts praising them on this forum, but for whatever reason, they just don't generate a lot of buzz here.

Stereophile has them ranked in Class A with amps that cost many tens of thousands of dollars and even $100,000+ amps. They get a star for their longevity on the list and $$$ signs for their being a bargain. The description takes up 2/3 of the column and is an absolute rave. It ends stating that the amp is the "Joint Amplification Component" for 2003!!!

Maybe you should start a thread about why they aren't more popular. We might find out or maybe no one would reply.

I think maybe it's because of the Parasound name having too many entry level products.
They are very popular in Australia, they get snapped up s/h as soon as they are listed which is very rarely.
And they will drive anything, as they keep almost doubling they're wattage all the way to 2ohms. Giving an incredible 4,200watts into 1ohm.
And you also have that "magic" switch which gives you a real nice Class A touch to the sound.
And they have the cred of being designed by John Curl, up there with Nelson Pass.
And you guys can pick them up soooo cheap over there.

[url]http://www.ebay.com/itm/Parasound-JC1-400-watt-Mono-Amplifier-Stereo-Pair-/321710997880?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ae7784178&nma=true&si=ph3vIqnZtW%252Bz6wdpAIVab%252BCAJoI%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557[/url]

Cheers George
"03-28-15: Mig007
I drove Martin Logan CLS IIz for years "

Never seen this automobile before.
Did you mean Aston Martin?