What better to power my 82db Magico Q5

Considering moving to a Soulution 711 states 300watts into 4 ohms. My current Devialet 800 states "Maximum output 2x800W under 6Ω"

Where i get confused is current. the soulution has 145A of current, which is massive. Devialet provides no measurement for current.

What is more important? Current or watts per channel, when it comes to powering a super inefficient speaker like the Q5?
128x128davidhyman
http://www.stereophile.com/content/magico-q5-loudspeaker-measurements
Quote Stereophile test results.
"As well as minimum values of 2.75 ohms at 56Hz, 3 ohms at 200Hz, and 2.8 ohms at 40kHz, there is an amplifier-crushing combination of 3.85 ohms and a –56°capacitive phase angle at 45Hz. This speaker really does need to be used with powerful solid-state amplifiers to sound its best."

This means an amp that can deliver very good current. I would go with the Solution 711 as it can do this, it keeps doubling wattage from 8 to 4 to 2ohms, this means it can do what's needed, "current", to get the very best out of the Magico's.

Cheers George
Im using Pass 350.8 on Q3s sounds wonderful look at Pass Xs300 amps they have it all big power and wonderful sound.
Regarding the 145 ampere current spec, see this thread, especially the comments by me and Atmasphere. I think you'll conclude that like most amplifier current specs that is a meaningless number, which has no relevance to real world usage of the amplifier.

I agree with George that a much more meaningful figure for a solid state amp is its ability to double (or come close to doubling) its maximum rated power into halved impedances, down to low impedance values such as 2 ohms.

Although, as always IMO, specs should just be used for preliminary screening and ruling out of candidates that can be identified as unlikely to be good matchups, with the final selection being based on listening if at all possible.

Regards,
-- Al