Dunlavy SCIV 10

Hi all,

This is my first thread,please bear with me.

I have to replace the woofers for my Dunlavy SCIV, it is a Morel 10" woofer, model name is not written on the drivers, but "Double Magnet 75mm Hexatech Aluminium Voice Coil - Made in England" is written on the magnet. I have looked around and could not find the same driver.

Anybody can help me out on what to do?

Cheers,
rush1
Check out Madisound . . . they have the replacements:

http://www.madisound.com/services/retrofits.php
Thank you Ncarv,

I did check it at Madisound, they did have a replacement for Dunlavy,but apparently they do not have the drivers anymore.

However if I replace the Morel drivers with Scanspeak or Vifa (those that were offered at Madisound) do I have to alter the xover?

Cheers,
you are in a little trouble. The whole design of the dunlvay was based on matching the speakers to each other, so john threw out a lot of speakers getting a set that worked together andtested the same. To get the samne effect you would have to test the speaker you are buying against the ones already working or test a whole new set. Maybe you wont hear a difference but that's the idea anyway and the curse of owning dunlavy's.
You'll normally have to alter the xover unless the replacement drivers are identical to the original. Madisound should know.
2) BTW, have you tried googling the drivers' part No? It sometimes works.
3) You have contacted Morel, I assume? If not the actual driver, or an equivalent, they may have your driver's TS parametres.
4) Failing the above, try diyaudio.com; someone who has your spkrs may have measured these drivers.
@ Mothra; Whew, that's what I am afraid of mate... Guess I will have to continue my search on the Morel woofers...

@Gregm; Apparently Madisound only have the ScanSpeak and Vifa drivers, they don't have the Morels that are identical in my Dunlavy.
2) The thing is I couldnot find any part number in the Morel woofers.
3) I did contacted Morel but didn't get any reply and it has been some months now.
4) I will try diyaudio mate, hope can get some more solutions.

Thank you all for the inputs.

Cheers,