Best Speakers match for NAD C372

Hi all,
I am going for a stereo system. I just purchased a NAD C372 stereo integrated amp. Now, I am in the search for a nice pair of floorstanding or monitor speakers. Which ones would be a good match for this amp? I am looking for good sound quality, so I don't care much about the looks..:)
I know that NAD amps have a "warm" sound compare to other SS amps like Rotel, for example.

My budget is $1000 (I can go used) for the pair. I listen to all kinds of music, but basically rock and jazz. My istening room is about 15x15.

Any suggestions? I really appreaciate your help in advance.
Cheers

Luciano
128x128luciano33
Agree sound quality better per dollar for monitor speakers all things being equal. Problem is, if just starting out, usually need good stands too - which run between $200 and $400. That's why I suggested floor standers at first.

Also, good monitors are often current monsters, but with the NAD C372 that should not be an issue.

Below is a list of monitor speakers from a previous thread to consider that should leave money for stands:

Quad 12L - well rounded and smooth sound
Quad 11L - if you can't afford their big brother
Totem Rainmaker - imaging kings
B&W 685 - front firing and good value
B&W CM1 - little speakers, big sound, and sound good next to wall
Era Design 5 - not quite up there with the B&W CM1, but what a beautiful cabinet!
Dynaudio Audience 42 - well rounded but like a lot of current
Usher S-520 - if you like the way they sound and look, a great bargain

For Rock, Dynaudio Audience 52 (used) would provide stronger bass

Idea of adding a sub later is a good one and would apply equally to most of the little floor standers, especially the Ohm Walsh Micro Tower, Totem Arro and Magnepan MMG.
Just a note that if you are comfortable going used and pick up something second hand here on Agon, you can surely cross into the next league of speakers in these or similar lines at your price range to do low end better and go louder and cleaner perhaps if needed for a larger room. If these factors are not a concern, then you've got a lot of very good speak designs to chose from new here at your price point.

If you go used with a reputable seller and do not overpay for used, it is easier to change again if needed without incurring a loss, which enables you to then invest the saved money in other areas of the system later if needed.
I've had that amp with Von Schweikert VR2s. Absolutely stunning for the money (especially used). And unbelievable bass. I think you'd be amazed at what you'd be hearing for probably $1100 used.
If you wanna go stands: NHT Three.
If you wanna go floor: NHT FOUR.

Good Luck Dude!!!!
I have a C372 that I use with a demo pair of Polk Lsi15's that I purchased for $700 that sound very good. I also have a pair of Polk RT 2000i purchased for $600 at a house/moving sale that sound awesome (a lot better than the Lsi15's) with the NAD. Both speaker pairs list at about 2k. If you can find either pair at my price, they are my recommendation.