Best Speakers match for NAD C372

Hi all,
I am going for a stereo system. I just purchased a NAD C372 stereo integrated amp. Now, I am in the search for a nice pair of floorstanding or monitor speakers. Which ones would be a good match for this amp? I am looking for good sound quality, so I don't care much about the looks..:)
I know that NAD amps have a "warm" sound compare to other SS amps like Rotel, for example.

My budget is $1000 (I can go used) for the pair. I listen to all kinds of music, but basically rock and jazz. My istening room is about 15x15.

Any suggestions? I really appreaciate your help in advance.
Cheers

Luciano
128x128luciano33

Showing 3 responses by mapman

If you are interested in trying something a little different, Ohm Walsh series speakers match up nicely with NAD. Micro Walshes can be had new in the price range you are looking for.
I'd maybe toss Triangle Comete in the mix. Very transparent with good imaging and microdynamics. Excellent low volume speaker and can go loud as well without stress very well for a speaker in this price range. Represents a very good value as do many of the others mentioned.
Just a note that if you are comfortable going used and pick up something second hand here on Agon, you can surely cross into the next league of speakers in these or similar lines at your price range to do low end better and go louder and cleaner perhaps if needed for a larger room. If these factors are not a concern, then you've got a lot of very good speak designs to chose from new here at your price point.

If you go used with a reputable seller and do not overpay for used, it is easier to change again if needed without incurring a loss, which enables you to then invest the saved money in other areas of the system later if needed.