Anyone ever refoam Bose 901's?

Wife brought home a pair the other day (garbage picking again)...I pulled the covers and the foam surrounds are not in good condition....cracks in at least 4.

I may hang them up in the garage?....maybe not. I found some repair kits at Ebay...pretty cheap, $50 for 18 drivers?
sogood51
Makes me consider going into attic and giving my pair of 901s a listen.

Then again, I can think of better things to do.
You need to be sure you get the proper EQ for the series of 901s you have. They're not all the same.
Thanks guys, I've been doing a little reading. I found out that the series 3 or 4 EQ will work with these....nothing else. I'm not going to pay over $100 for one....I'll have to play the Craigslist, E-bay game, until I snag one.

Dave
Well, I started messing with the foam today...only took about 1/2 hour to strip one speaker...stuff comes right off.

I bought a repair kit also...$56 shipped, for the life time cloth repair kit. I got good news on that, you do not need to pull the drivers. That alone, will save a few hours!

Thanks for help, and the tips guys...

Dave
I got the new surrounds today...tried them for fit, and they fit perfect. This is going to be easy.

One note: The front grill is stapled on with six staples...one in each corner, and one in the middle, at each side. It took me a while to figure it out, very little info on the web regarding this...and the access slot between the grill and the cabinet is very narrow.

You need to use a slim tool, with a broad and curved end that will get behind the grill at the staple points, and slowly pry up. You also need to protect the wood cabinet as you pry...I used a thin piece of cardboard between the wood and the pry bar....a little bit tricky because you don't want to break the plastic grill.

Dave