Anyone ever refoam Bose 901's?

Wife brought home a pair the other day (garbage picking again)...I pulled the covers and the foam surrounds are not in good condition....cracks in at least 4.

I may hang them up in the garage?....maybe not. I found some repair kits at Ebay...pretty cheap, $50 for 18 drivers?
sogood51
Thanks guys, I've been doing a little reading. I found out that the series 3 or 4 EQ will work with these....nothing else. I'm not going to pay over $100 for one....I'll have to play the Craigslist, E-bay game, until I snag one.

Dave
Well, I started messing with the foam today...only took about 1/2 hour to strip one speaker...stuff comes right off.

I bought a repair kit also...$56 shipped, for the life time cloth repair kit. I got good news on that, you do not need to pull the drivers. That alone, will save a few hours!

Thanks for help, and the tips guys...

Dave
I got the new surrounds today...tried them for fit, and they fit perfect. This is going to be easy.

One note: The front grill is stapled on with six staples...one in each corner, and one in the middle, at each side. It took me a while to figure it out, very little info on the web regarding this...and the access slot between the grill and the cabinet is very narrow.

You need to use a slim tool, with a broad and curved end that will get behind the grill at the staple points, and slowly pry up. You also need to protect the wood cabinet as you pry...I used a thin piece of cardboard between the wood and the pry bar....a little bit tricky because you don't want to break the plastic grill.

Dave