Is two Subs better than One?

What is the general consensus? And why?
hamburg
Dear Downunder: It is no surprise here that like always you don't " read " what is posted.

this was my answer to Baamf23 post about:

+++++ " I believe that if the mains are made with quality it's an overkill to cut them out, especially in my case.." +++++

I agree with you.

then he posted:

+++++ " I will buy a stentor, and then I'll try to integrate the two " +++++

and this was mine:

+++++ "
I like and respect your wide " open mind " on the subject. " +++++

along this I only give my thoughts about, nothing more.

Your post: +++++ " subs is plain and simple stupid .." +++++

like always speaks for who you are.

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
Yes I know and agree with you Downunder, I could easily and happily live without a sub. They don't need it, The mahlers are that good! My living room is however cluttered and large, the idea is the add a stentor to augment just and only the last octave, as rel claims, to pressurize the room a little bit more, and to be able to use the sub for LFE tracks. Thanks for your inputs. If the sub turns out unnecessary I will sell it, that's my plan. Thanks for your inputs.
Baam, BTW I just bought a Stentor III. It is a great sub and used for what you are doing makes sense as you know how your room sounds.

Raul, you certainly are the master of taking one's comments out of context. I did not say " subs is plain and simple stupid".
What I said was cutting off mahler's bass and replacing it with two subs is plain stupid with a speaker like the mahlers. I am sure Baam bought the mahlers as he luvs the full range big dynamic sound, not so he could cut the bass off and replace with $50 digital amps inside two subs.

You have your opinions, I have mine.

Baan is certainly doing the logical thing for his system and setup.

cheers
OK, if you are in the US, where bigger is always better, 2 is better. Anywhere else, depending on room size of course, one well choosen sub is fine.
2 Subs Sound better to me. After all the opinions I thought I would buy a second DD15 Subwoofer. After setting it up but not yet finely tuning it; the volume needed to be decreased to synch with my Wilson 7's. I could definitely sense a fuller better balanced base. The mid and upper frequencies were more focused due to the fact that base appeared to fill the room better. With the base originally localized more to one side, the Wilson midrange on the opposite side did not feel as intergraded.
I guess bigger is better.