Is two Subs better than One?

What is the general consensus? And why?
hamburg
Absolutely yes. Running two SW-12s with a set of Aerial 20T's and it helps even out the base response of the overall room. One sub is in a corner boundary so it's turned down and has a different crossover versus the sub that sits in the middle of the space and doesn't have the room boundary support.
>>Absolutely yes. Running two SW-12s with a set of Aerial 20T's and it helps even out the base response of the overall room. One sub is in a corner boundary so it's turned down and has a different crossover versus the sub that sits in the middle of the space and doesn't have the room boundary support<<

That's interesting.
I am in a similar situation. One sub in the corner and another one in the center (at leas until I decide whether to keep one or both. The problem is that one is a Stentor and another one is a Stadium. Any suggestion on which one should be placed in the corner? -at least as a starting point. Moving big subs around in my living room is very challenging.
Baam

I used to own the Mahlhers for 4 years til quite recently. I cannot imagine wanting a seperate sub for them They produce copius amounts of bass.
I'll agree with Raul in one aspect - gop buy the biggest, smoothest SS amp you can with great current and the Mahlers will sound even better.
I think raul's idea of cutting your bass off and replacing with subs is plain and simple stupid IMO with the Mahlers.

enjoy
Dear Downunder: It is no surprise here that like always you don't " read " what is posted.

this was my answer to Baamf23 post about:

+++++ " I believe that if the mains are made with quality it's an overkill to cut them out, especially in my case.." +++++

I agree with you.

then he posted:

+++++ " I will buy a stentor, and then I'll try to integrate the two " +++++

and this was mine:

+++++ "
I like and respect your wide " open mind " on the subject. " +++++

along this I only give my thoughts about, nothing more.

Your post: +++++ " subs is plain and simple stupid .." +++++

like always speaks for who you are.

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
Yes I know and agree with you Downunder, I could easily and happily live without a sub. They don't need it, The mahlers are that good! My living room is however cluttered and large, the idea is the add a stentor to augment just and only the last octave, as rel claims, to pressurize the room a little bit more, and to be able to use the sub for LFE tracks. Thanks for your inputs. If the sub turns out unnecessary I will sell it, that's my plan. Thanks for your inputs.