Amp and preamp on same outlet?

Just how much of a no-no is this? ARC goes as far to print in their manual to say to have the amp and preamp on their own circuit. I live in an apt. and I'm forced to have both plugged into the same outlet. Cords just don't reach....How much sound quality is lost by doing this? It sounds great as is, but is there a major detriment to this? I'm curious.
audiolover718
That punishment is not severe enough. He should be stripped naked and hung by his toes and stoned to death by the villagers with VPI magic bricks and his remains hauled off for the vultures to feed on!
IMO; it really depends upon which amp and preamp you are using. You never specifically mentioned that.

Many ARC products are made to be used with a 20 amp IEC power cord, is yours?

I would try plugging the amp into the wall outlet and then run a heavy duty extention cord to your preamp (using whatever connection adapters necessary) and listen for yourself.

As Yogiboy mentioned, if the breaker has not tripped then you should be fine however the system might sound better if the amp and preamp were on different circuits or dedicated circuits.