Sistrum under VonSchweikert VR-4JR

Is anybody using Sistrum plarforms under VSA VR-4JRs?
What model? Could you, please share your impressions.
I've been doing a lot of experimenting with various support systems ( Mapleshade cones, maple platforms, Herbie's footers and the combinations of the above).
Without going into much details, I should say, that the differencies are rather drastic and unexpected. The only thing I should state is, that I was much less concerned with this issue before I tried a few options.
I want to try Sistrum now, their concept "sounds" interesting.
Speakers are on carpet over concrete.
maril555
One thing you have to be careful about when placing speakers on stands is the off axis dispersion of the tweeter. If you elevate the speaker out of that "zone" where it was designed to be listened to, you might not like the effect. My buddy just tried his Montana SPXs on the top of the line Sistrum platforms and while they did have a positive effect on the sound, he was out of that "zone" where high frequency detail is best for that particular speaker. Several of us agreed after hearing them on the stands that if he was to make this work he would either have to buy a different listening chair or raise his existing chair to compensate for the 3+ inches.

Some speakers aren't as prone to this as others, but I maintain that most are designed with a certain height window in mind. Get your ears outside that window and the magic is lost.

Oz
You may try to email Larry Staples {Lrsky] about the removal of lead shot from speakers and the use of Audiopoints and Sistrum Platforms. Tom
Try these. They were great under my VR 4SR mk2 .Mount in the same holes that the spikes do.

http://www.soundocity.com/
>They were great<

"Were" great? Are the speakers or the stands gone? Or both?

Oz
They are great. yes,I still have both.
I agree that it is possible to elevate out of the zone with some speakers.
But, the Von Schweikert are made to shoot up and away from direct impact, so this should not matter with them.
With the Soundcity outriggers you can also point the speakers down or up.
I have mine level however.