What's the greatest bargain in SET these days?

Hi, Gang,
I response to my recent review of the Reference 3A De Capo BE speaker, someone wrote that if you really want to hear them sing, you should try them with a SET amp, or words to that effect.
That got me thinking. The De Capo's are 92 db efficient, which (correct me if I'm wrong) seems kind of borderline for low-power SET amps.
In any event, right now I'm running mine with a pair of Manley Mahi mono-blocks. They are switchable from triode (20 watts) to "ultra linear" (40 watts). I run them in triode all the time, and in my room, the volume knob almost never goes past 9 o'clock; more would just be too loud.
All that said, what do you guys think of running the De Capo's with a SET amp? And if I did, what's the best bargain in SET's these days?
Thanks!
rebbi
Hi Rebbi,
It was definitely worth your time to create this thread given the feedback you've received.
"But I feel pretty confident at this point that either the Decware or the Coincident will be a step up from my Manley gear."

Rebbi I don't mean to rain on your parade but if you CAN'T because of finances, listen first you are gambling. I'm sure there are many aspects of the SET sound you will love but on the other hand there may be compromises that you have not completely considered to the extent that they may be present. I really love the things SETs excel at particularly the rich, organic natural timbre of instruments that eludes most amplifiers, you can just relax into the music in a way that is most compelling. It's your money and I wouldn't comment other than you are accepting what others say without the benefit of listening first to be sure. Then on the other hand, maybe you need a change. If at all possible I would look at an 845 based SET that has more power that won't compromise the great aspects of the Manley, dynamics and drive with the magic of SET. It seems to me the Magnetic Line would be a GREAT choice although a bit more than you are willing to spend. Remember, 8 watts would be better suited with a more efficient speaker. I'm not too sure the DeCapo's are efficient enough for long term satisfaction. Since Brownfan is the only one in the know in this matter and his listening choices for THAT set-up is primarily in a bedroom for primarily string quartets, I'm sure the Franks will be, without question, his ultimate choice, you may wait until he puts up the Dynamo for sale or save your dough for the Magenetic Line 518i, which looks like a real bargain for all it offers. 22 watts vs 8. A 1.3K amp is not going to provide EVERYTHING and then some over your Manleys. Maybe you can borrow one to listen first?
The set amp I have actually heard in recent years (at Capital Audiofest) that I mentioned early on here and liked a lot was the GLow Audio Amp 1. I also like the price and compact size. Build quality there would seem top notch as well, direct wiring, hand wrapped xformers, etc., according to their site.

They have a newer larger push/pull 15 watt model as well. On their site, they are advertising free dac and pair of either Def Audio, Triangle, or Klipsch speakers with purchase that amp. Or dfree dac but no speakers for the smaller Amp 1.
Tubegroover, Rebbi is going to have a long wait for me to sell the dynamo. I intend to have two full systems. The franks will stay in my listening room and the dynamo will serve in the bedroom system.

I absolutely agree though, that Rebbi is taking a chance by selling off his Manley without an A/B.
Thanks for clarifying Brownsfan, my comment about your selling off the Dynamo was meant tongue in cheek.