On the draining of resonance.....

I have read of the importance of controlling resonance in components that contain motors and transformers. This seems to involve placing isolation points or bearings under components to attract or "drain away" micro vibrations, I suppose, of resonating frequencies. Ok--say this works, but hasn't the resonance already occurred as it is being drained away through the bottom of the chassis? I get the idea of isolating out airborne vibrations carried by the rack, stand, plinth, block, etc, but......really?
128x128jafreeman
Cool, will be interested to see what you have come up with. I am big on home brew isolation solutions, and my opinions have been hard won! Lots of early attempts that were different sounding from stock, but not always better, as mentioned by someone earlier in the thread.
KN, in the Socratic tradition, your wisdom lies in not having knowledge of even one thing going forth, only to emerge with truth. I like to think so, anyway. Having little electronic knowledge, my DIY efforts have centered on the areas of room acoustics, building cables and the isolation of gear. These are product categories open for development by anyone, and it's just plain fun to achieve improvements on your own, without succumbing to the purple prose reminiscent of the Old West's traveling medicine show, where no claim is too fantastic to believe. It also helps to acquire finer new and used gear, even at reasonable cost--then the real DIY fun comes through, as you well know. Do you have some links to pics of your isolation/system?
Regards, Joe
In the Zen tradition wisdom resides in wanting what you do have and not wanting what you don't have.
Schubert, are you saying I should still be listening to my 1967 Magnavox all-in-one turntable/IA/speaker system?
Not to open a can of worms, but one of my Yoga instructors often refers to Yoga as an antidote for "spiritually deprived Westerners".

It resonates with me when stated. Not all Westerners are spiritually deprived of course and all are free to seek it out but spirituality is not a core tenet of modern Western Culture by any stretch so one has to find ways to seek it out on their own. Audiophiles included I suppose. Is teh gear teh end in of itself or a means to teh end of enjoying music, which IS often a spiritually uplifting event.