Kanye West - Grammy comment, re Beck

Kanye West on-camera last nite: 'Beck needs to respect artistry.' Then a long rant about...ah just watch it.

What would Kanye say about Beethoven? Or Dylan? or Matisse?

Having fun with this as Twitter is aflame already with it. But the more I think about it, the more it gnaws on me. He was referring to Beck winning Album of the Year (instead of Beyonce). I could go on a long rant myself about his ego, general creepiness, but nothing I could add. But his comments are heard by millions of music fans...

Anyhoo, anyone else see those comments? Reactions?
128x128zufan
The pointthere appears to be a higher res 24 /96 file was resampled from a lower resolution CD quality one. I'm sure that happens all the time in order to sell high res files. Says nothing about the original CD res file used as the source. Its the lineage of the data that matters, not teh final format. In most cases, the consumer knows little or nothing about that. When it is made known, then one can be more certain about what you are getting. I would not buy any high res material without something that specified the lineage of the source.
His stunts bring more viewership to the awards. That is what the sponsors want. It's all a performance. Its entertainment and designed to bring attention to himself and the grammys.

I looked at it again and once again I laughed. It was funny.

If I was married to Beyoncé and I thought she was better than Beck and thought she should have won, I would have told the reporter asking me this question the same. Maybe in a more classy way, such as, I admire Beck, but I really thought Beyoncé was the better artist and should have won.

Either way, it's entertainment. plain and simple. Take it for what it is.

enjoy
Maybe Kanye was pissed that Beck didn't win for "Sea Change"--a much better album than his latest......