Who do you trust?

Hi Goners,

In light of recent questions concerning 6 Moons policies...I ask you:
Who or what,if any, magazine or reviewer do you believe is genuine and non influenced in his or her reviews?
The overly clinical and paranoid need not contribute!...:-)
Please answer with details and thanks,
Azjake
128x128azjake
I heard recently that to get a review published in one of the top mags costs upwards of $10k

For that price they had better say nice things :-)

So how can you trust that?

Ask here first - you'll get opinions fro users :-)

Regards
"I trust also catalogues from major pro-audio dealers such as zzounds, sweetwater, musiciansfriend and fullcompas." He DOESN'T trust reviewers that offer their experienced opinions, based on the fact that magazines have advertisers. BUT- he DOES trust the PURVEYORS of equipment, that ONLY print the HYPE that the manufacturers publish. INTERESTING!
Who do you trust?

I trust my own ears.

Reviews help with photos, features, and specs, but the actual review means nothing to me. Some reviewers are worse than others, but all of them are in the business of stimulating audio sales. I don't let salesmen, in stores or in the media, influence my buying decisions.
I don't read the magazines and have not for years. All the equipments I've purchased for the last 10 years has been by either in store audition or loans from friends except my Jolida JD-9a phono pre-amp. I read multiple forum thread regarding it's performance then I searched online reviews. In the past I'veI have spent lots of money on equipment based on text reviewer comments. I have learned that low priced so called GIANT Killers are a waste of money. I buy equipment, for the most part from well respected and established companies.