Class Action Suit against UPS?

How many of us are getting our Audio Equipment Destroyed by United Parcel Service. A brand new BAT amp claim was denied even though UPS lost it for two weeks. Although FEDX costs more, they take better care of Audio Equipment. Anyone having problems with UPS?
jcov
Yes, UPS just lost a pair of cables, and their resonse was "well, the address was wrong." But that was the address their moron clerk typed on the receipt after I read it to him correctly twice on the phone, not the address I correctly put on the package itself. If they don't honor the insurance claim, I will sue the bastards, and report it as consumer fraud to every consumer protection agency I can find.
Yes, I was awaiting delivery of some Stealth PC Premier Speaker Cables, and was tracking the package online. The day I was expecting the package, expecting a line item like "Delivered", instead I saw this "Code ...." something meaningless like that. I had to phone them (they didn't contact me), and it turned out that the package has mysteriously become empty during transit. Luckily the shipper insured the package, but suspect he's having trouble claiming on the insurance. UPS also damged a CD Player and a DVD player I shipped. They never honored the claim. They also destroyed several suits of mine during transit. They never honored the claim. They also failed to arrive on a scheduled delivery pick up day - no phone call or anything. They are a disaster. There are plenty of UPS bashing sites on the web, but I'd say it would be difficult to find a Fedex bashing site - Fedex is just so reliable. I'd like to see more people on Audiogon and other sites specify "No UPS delivery". They deserve to fail.
I have not had the problems that Soupcon has had. In the South, where I live, UPS is almost guaranteed to lose or destroy any fragile shipment that they handle. By contrast, I have had 4 pair of mono amps (8 boxes!) and three tube shipments sent via Federal Express in the last 5 months, and the boxes were not even soiled, much less damaged. I am told that UPS is particularly bad going into Texas and Florida (this by a manufacturer) he actually uses three different carriers, each one based on where he is shipping to. I suspect results have to do with a huge set of factors, many of which, we on the outside have no knowledge or control over. The only carrier that has a record of no damage or loss for me, I have used now for nearly 10 years, Delta Air Cargo. The shipper takes to the airport, I pick up here at DFW. Often the cargo is sill in the container, where it is alongside flowers, live animals and other precious cargo. The cost? about the same as UPS. This experience with Delta was passed on to Soundlab several years ago (by me), and they now use this method in every part of the country where it will work. One warning, Delta is EXTREMELY careful about packing and inspection. Do not be surprised if they make you completely open and unpack the contents of your shipment, they are almost guaranteed to want to inspect your packing and to look for hazardous materials or explosives. If this bothers you, I suggest you choose another carrier, as part of this procedure is Federal Law.
Well Ihad a good experience with UPS and a bad one,But I'm not trying to be prejudiced because I work for the Postal Service.It seems like the damage is done inside the sorting facilities,not the delivery drivers.The sorters in the hubs usually are temporarys folks who are in college and they are told to work FAST.And this is wher the troubles occur.UPS is in buisness to make LOOT,it's privately ownes,not like the Postal Service.But evn in the Postal Service yes my employer who I use to ship stuff out to other audiofiles like myself.The bottom line is to OVERPACK the items youre shipping,I used UPS to ship a Macintosh C-33 to Japan and since my buddy overpacked the preamp it arrived intact.I can guarantee you that UPS like the Postal Service will make you wait a long time before you get your claim finalized and paid off.Look at it this way they all ship MILLIONS of packages daily so as far as I know the damage rate is less than 5%,and remember the sorters have to empty those trailers real fast or they are out of a job.So they tend to throw the boxes to the front of the trailer tten another sorter places them on the conveyor belt and it gets sortd by sorters who learn a schems and go by colors to the destination to where it gets loaded into the brown delivery trucks.Hpoe this helps all to understand how the delivery services work.
I used to have a guy who worked for me, who once worked at UPS. He rose to a fairly high level, at his location. Did so via hard work, dedication, etc. He told me some REAL horror stories about how merchandise is "handled" there. Especially in terms of being more than a little rough. He said that the people there just frantically throw things into the truck. Forget about the fragile label. The only thing that they are striving for is speed. Be glad you are not shipping fine china or crystal...